Nightwing (New 52), Vol. 1: Traps and Trapezes by Kyle Higgins

Nightwing (New 52), Vol. 1: Traps and Trapezes by Kyle Higgins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Nightwing!! What a wonderful start for Dick Grayson in The New 52! I first really got to know Nightwing when I read Vol. 3 as I read through the "Death of a Family" arc and I ordered Vol. 1 & 2 right away as I knew I had to follow him from the beginning. He is one of my favourite Gotham characters. This first volume pretty much starts Nightwing off where he was pre-52, coming off of being The Batman and returning to his own beloved Nightwing. Dick meets up with Haly's Circus again and old friends, though not much backstory is given for him yet, we do get secondhand information, the tale of his parents death and a good feel for where he came from. This is pretty much a self-contained story that ends by the final issue and was a thrilling read with lots of surprises. Dick faces new enemies and only briefly crosses paths with Batgirl so not a lot of familiar faces leaving Nightwing as the main focus. The final issue brings in a small tie to the Court of Owls (which I've read) which was exciting (for me) to get that extra tidbit. Then the book sets up the beginning of the next arc. The art is fantastic. I adore Nightwing's costume and can't wait to catch up with Volume 2.

View all my reviews

Comments