Red Hood and the Outlaws, (New 52) Vol. 1: Redemption by Scott Lobdell


Red Hood and the Outlaws, Vol. 1: Redemption
by Scott Lobdell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New 52

Red Hood is intriguing to me, as I had never heard of the character before I started the new 52. I've read the whole "Death of the Family" arc and the Red Hood volume was good enough that I had to backtrack and find out more about him. Of course throughout all my DC reading he's popped up here and there but only very briefly. Roy Harper has made a few brief pre-Arsenal appearances as well. This volume has great dialogue and is very comedic. If you love banter among JL team members, there is a great deal of that going on here and it really made me like both Roy and Jason. Princess K we don't get to know very well but she's very powerful and everything mentioned about her past is very intriguing. Lots of action in this volume as we have a couple of side stories going on but the main theme centres on the new "team" tracking down the "Untitled" and finishing off the remaining members. A lot of Jason's background with the "All" is explored and I feel much more familiar with the character now. Interesting tidbit shows Nightwing's old blue costume having been left aboard Starfire's hideaway when Jason first finds her.

View all my reviews

Comments