Sand Land by Akira Toriyama

Sand Land by Akira Toriyama
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a oneshot, a stand-alone title and is fairly standard shounen content. I don't have a lot to say about it. I love the author's Dragonball series with a passion but this title barely kept my interest. Being only one book, it doesn't follow the usual manga pattern of lots of battle in one volume, some character development in another, etc and has to do it all in just short one volume. So not much battling until near the end. It's not bad though and *is* written for children, not grown-up women, like ... ahem ... me. I'd certainly recommend it for the younger set and to be included in an elementary library. It's suitable for ages 8-12, rated A for All Ages, and is clean; mind there are phrases such as "sexy" and "dirty old man".

View all my reviews

Comments