Supergirl (New 52) Vol. 1: Last Daughter of Krypton by Mike Johnson

Supergirl (New 52) Vol. 1: Last Daughter of Krypton by Mike Johnson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

New 52
Superman & Family

This is my first time ever reading Supergirl and I enjoyed this introduction to her. The New 52 introduction is a set-up story giving Kara her background arrival on earth. She doesn't know what is going on, where she is, and finds she has superpowers. She's rip-roaring mad and when Superman makes an appearance she takes it out on him. That was a lot of fun! There is a story in here that has Kara up against some creatures called the "Worldkillers" and there is some sort of secret between them, her father and Krypton but that plot is settled for the time being and the next volume is ready to start a fresh story. We don't get to know Supergirl much as she's angry and stubborn most of this book but I'm pretty ok with her look, costume and she's muscular, certainly a good look. I'm intrigued and will read her again.

View all my reviews

Comments