Miss Don't Touch Me by Hubert

Miss Don't Touch Me by Hubert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In all honesty, I was a bit trepidatious going into this book as I knew it was going beyond my normal comfort zone due to the sex, nudity and risque topics. However, I was won over quite quickly and while some of the content did make me uncomfortable, it's a book I would rate mature as it doesn't quite cross over the line that would label it erotic. What we have here is an historical mystery taking place in 1930s Paris. A serial killer is at work and two sisters stumble upon the men plotting with one of them getting shot. The other sets out to find out who "The Butcher of the Dances" is and thus solving the murder of her sister. She ends up in a high class bordello as a dominatrix and retains her virtue in this position. While the book certainly has a lot of steamy, underworld, behind-closed-door themes and topics, it is at heart an intriguing and engrossing crime story with a peek at this historical period and how the oldest profession was carried on in France at that time. The art is simply fantastic and a pleasure to behold at all times, though I will admit to averting my eyes a few times from my own sense of modesty. Obviously not a book for everyone, but if the theme, topic or historical period are to your tastes, a very good graphical historical mystery.

View all my reviews

Comments