Blue Beetle (New 52) Vol. 1: Metamorphosis by Tony Bedard

Blue Beetle (New 52) Vol. 1: Metamorphosis by Tony Bedard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 144 pages
Published November 20th 2012 by DC Comics
Source: Amazon

New 52

I've run across Blue Beetle a few times but really knew nothing about him. This is his origin story. There are a lot of supervillains in this volume not big names, but ones that have a long history. While I didn't find the story terribly exciting I did really like Blue Beetle, both his personalities and am quite attracted to him as a superhero. The story doesn't get that far in this volume though as it ends with Jaime and the alien symbiote reaching a tentative agreement as to surviving together. I thought the humour was witty as well and the art was good. Looking forward to more of this hero.

Comments