Fairy Tail Blue Mistral, Vol. 1: Wendy's Own Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima

Fairy Tail Blue Mistral, Vol. 1: Wendy's Own Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 176 pages
Published August 25th 2015 by Kodansha Comics

Fairy Tale : Blue Mistral, Vol. 1

My review is from the eyes of someone completely new to Fairy Tail. This is a series I haven't read yet but has been on my want-to-read list for ages. With two spin-offs coming up and a reprint omnibus of the series in the works I thought this was the perfect time to jump on board. This series focuses on Wendy and Carla with two cameos of the "whole Fairy Tale gang". It doesn't have much substance to it from a story perspective for a new comer but we do get to know Wendy quite well as a character and Carla certainly is a cute sidekick. A very girly-girl "squeee" shojo themed magic and boys manga which is not particularly my thing but the ending does make me want to read on with the next volume. I feel pretty sure fans of the series will welcome this little side adventure of a character they already love but for newbies it gives a character study and sets us down in the Fairy Tale world gently with some explanations and I didn't feel any confusion.

Comments