Goosebumps Graphix: Slappy's Tales of Horror by R.L. Stine

Slappy's Tales of Horror by R.L. Stine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 176 pages
Published August 25th 2015 by GRAPHIX
Source: egalley via Edelweiss

Goosebumps Graphix

Three previously published Goosebumps Graphix plus a first-time new Slappy story makes a collection of 4 classic Goosebumps tales in graphic storytelling format. These are fun, creepy stories that delighted. Scary, horror for the younger ages, these are all four winning stories.

A Shocker on Shock Street by Jamie Tolagson - Totally insane and very creepy. I never saw that ending coming! (5/5)

The Werewolf of Fever Swamp by Gabriel Hernandez - A good story. I've read the original GB novel version of this so felt something was missing but a good fright tale. (4/5)

Ghost Beach by Ted Naifeh - Brilliant. I love this author's work and art and he brings a decidedly creepy story. I knew something had to happen but was still surprised by the ending. I kept wondering what about the parents, though? (5/5)

Night if the Living Dummy by Dave Roman - A fun origin story of "Slappy" the Living Dummy (who is in several GB novels though I haven't read any). Silly and a little creepy but mostly fun. (4/5)

Comments