Little Robot by Ben Hatke

Little Robot by Ben Hatke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 144 pages
Published September 1st 2015 by First Second
Source: egalley via Netgalley

Lovely, warm fuzzy cross between a wordless picture book and a graphic novel. Our hero is a little girl who likes to fix things and she saves a cute little robot from capture by the big bad robots with only the help of a wrench. I've read several of Hatke's books and his art is adorable. The majority of this title is wordless, next come sound effects but there are speech bubbles also and I'd say this would make a good visualized story for young non-readers to interpret as well. The girl and the robots are charming and I found myself rooting for them for the entire story. The book is timeless, it could be taking place now or in the future. The cuteness and junkyard robot setting brought to mind "Wall-E" and I believe this is going to be an endearing tale. I loved it!

Comments