Lobo Vol. 1: Targets by Cullen Bunn

Lobo Vol. 1: Targets by Cullen Bunn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 144 pages
Published August 18th 2015 by DC Comics
Source: egalley via Netgalley

Quite a treat! I've actually never run across Lobo before in my DC readings so wasn't sure where this was going to take me. A bit of an odd beginning for a Vol. 1 as it seems to start with the end of a previous story but when that wraps up it quickly gets on with the story for this trade. Lobo is under contract to kill 8 assassins who are each assigned to kill planet Earth. This is all pretty cool, bloody and violent with each assassin being a unique, though brief, new character. Oh and Superman shows up for an assist as well. But my favourite parts were the interspersed flashbacks that took us back to the end days of Lobo's own planet and told his background story. Lobo is quite the villain or is it anti-hero, I'm not sure which, but I'd love to read him again.

Comments