Manga Classics: Emma by Jane Austen by Crystal Chan; illus by Po Tse

Manga Classics: Emma by Jane Austen by Crystal Chan; illus by Po Tse
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 308 pages
Published May 12th 2015 by Udon Entertainment
Source: egalley via Netgalley

Manga Classics

This series has been done very well indeed! I am not a fan of Jane Austen, but I have read all her books, most as a teenager. Emma, however, is my favourite even if that isn't saying much ;-) I get so irritated by all the characters for most of the book. This manga adaptation really does a good job of turning it into a classic shoujo romance though and gives a splendid account of the famous story of Emma's matchmaking and her obsession with the British class system. I hope the publisher plans on coming out with more titles than just the five they have out now.

Comments