Ultraman, Vol. 1 by Eiichi Shimizu

Ultraman, Vol. 1 by Eiichi Shimizu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 240 pages
Published August 18th 2015 by VIZ Media
egalley via Edelweiss

Ultraman (1)

Mecha is one of my favourite genres, but I don't seem to read it very much. Not sure if Ultraman is relly mecha as we have some aliens involved rather than robots, but they *look* like robots. This was a quick rush of a read for me. Tons of action, with some great art but still plenty of story and character to get us interested and get the plot started. Quite impressive for a first volume where action/plot often overrides character. Shinjiro starts out as a toddler then we skip ahead to the present where he is a young man. The ending is quite a shocker and left me feeling a bit creepy. Most certainly will be reading volume 2!

Comments