Haikyu!!, Vol. 1 by Haruichi Furudate

Haikyu!!, Vol. 1 by Haruichi Furudate
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 192 pages
Published July 5th 2016 by VIZ Media
first published in Japan 2012)
Source: egalley via edelweiss

Haikyu!! (Vol. 1)

This is really good! I've never read a sports manga before because I am probably the *least* sports interested person in the world. But I thought I'd give sports manga a try and I'm impressed! The sport here is volleyball and they taught me everything I needed to know to understand what was going on this volume. I have a feeling I'll be introduced to all the rules and meanings of things as it goes along. All the sports action takes place in the same manner that a battle scene would so it was actually pretty fun and exciting when they were playing the sport. However, this was all about character! We really get to know the main characters; their attitude, some background, fears, hopes, etc. I really like this group of kids. I just don't know how I'm going to remember all their names as so many were introduced.So far I'm thinking of the main guys I'm interested in as "King", "Shorty" and "Glasses". LOL. Great stuff. I f you are a no-sports girl like me I'd say give sports manga a try if you are into characters.

Comments