Inuyashiki, Vol. 4 by Hiroya Oku

Inuyashiki, Vol. 4 by Hiroya Oku
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 192 pages
Published June 28th 2016 by Kodansha Comics
Source: received review copy from Penguin Random House Canada

Inuyashiki (#4)

Very good, intense and mature! Volume 3 was very brutal, with rape, that I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with this seinen series but I did want to try one more volume and I'm glad I did. The story is becoming very deep. Inuyashiki continues to help and heal people he has also found Samejima's friend who wants to help the old man. The authorities have found out about Samejima but he may have had an epiphany wanting to change his ways. The art is absolutely superb in this series, very realistic and life-like. Due to the depth of the characters and story I am certainly going to continue on with the series and am willing to put up with some uncomfortable parts in the future as long as they don't become gratuitous, and seeing as how the plot is developing I've reflected and don't think it has been gratuitous to this point, but do take heed volume three is very brutal.

Comments