Green Lantern: New Guardians (New 52), Vol. 1: The Ring Bearer by Tony Bedard

Green Lantern: New Guardians (New 52), Vol. 1: The Ring Bearer by Tony Bedard
Illus.  Tyler Kirkman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 160 pages
Published October 23rd 2012 by DC Comics
Source: Local library

Green Lantern
New 52

This is really cool! The story is way too complicated to summarize but essentially one member from each of the seven Lantern colours joins together to fight an enemy, Archangel Invictus. Larfleeze is a bad guy too. This is a great introduction to the Lantern universe. First of all, it's a great story with non-stop action. However,for me, I found it explained things so well. I've never read a Green Lantern volume or really knew anything about the other colours. Up to this point, I'd only met Green Lanterns Hal Jordan and John Stewart as members of the Justice League. This story was my introduction to Kyle Raynor and what the rings actually do and now I understand that each colour of Lantern represents an emotion. Really looking forward to reading more.

Comments