Supergirl (Rebirth) Volume 1: Reign Of The Cyborg Super-Men by Steve Orlando

Supergirl (Rebirth) Volume 1: Reign Of The Cyborg Super-Men by Steve Orlando
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Meh. This didn't engage me. Admittedly, I haven't read much Supergirl except as a member of TT (and I did love her "8th Grade Adventures"). This just felt so isolationist to me. It didn't feel like it was taking place in the DC Universe. A huge invasion and very powerful bad guy were attacking and no other Superheroes came to help. I couldn't get on board with the relationship between Kara and the Danvers either. They are assigned to her plus they've only basically met and yet they are already so attached they are willing to die for each other? The art was also very cartoonish and didn't wow me. Readable story but that's it for me.

Comments