Batman Comics - Batman: Arkham Knight #1 & Batman (New 52) #36

Batman: Arkham Knight (2015-) #1 by Peter J. Tomasi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've already read the trade of Arkham Knight but found I had this comic so gave her a read. I guess I'd kind of forgotten the story as it felt like a fresh read. Issue #1 is a good lead-in book. There is enough action to keep things exciting, we meet the main players and a good amount of time is spent setting the plot and giving some background info. I loved that Penguin showed up as I haven't come across him in my reading in ages! Great art, only I didn't like the rendering of Bruce Wayne, he just looked weird to me. Batman was great though. I always love a story about Arkham!











Batman (New 52) #36 by Scott Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I haven't finished reading "The New 52" yet so was pleased to find this a pivotal book in moving the series forward concerning The Joker. This is the issue that Joker finally comes back and shows himself to a stunned Batman whom he's just infected with the Joker gas. The issue starts off with lots of action as Batman and Jokerfied Superman duke it out and ends with a bonus story following some citizen victims of the Joker's plot. The art is fantastic and this run is one of my all-time favourite Batmans. Really enjoyed.

Comments