Hotel Strange #3: His Royal Majesty of the Mushrooms by Katherine & Florian Ferrier

His Royal Majesty of the Mushrooms by Katherine & Florian Ferrier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been reading this series since it came out and when I read #4 I realised I had missed #3, so quickly got a copy from the library. Like all the others the motley crew of strange characters are working in the hotel. It is now autumn and jam season, while out picking blackberries, Kikki, one of my favourites, finds a crown and sceptre and suddenly is surrounded by mushroom people claiming he is their new king. Of course, Kikki loves being King, giving orders, being served, etc. but he soon finds out that Kings have no time to themselves. An emergency arises and Kikki has to help save the mushroom village. There is a creepily cute monster at the end. The story is fun and fantastical and my love for this series comes from the delightful art. This is a big oversized paperback too which adds to the fun with the big graphics. Recommended series.

Comments