Ether, Vol. 1: Death of the Last Golden Blaze by Matt Kindt

Ether, Vol. 1: Death of the Last Golden Blaze by Matt Kindt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Matt Kindt usually just blows me away and "Ether" didn't quite live up to my expectations, though I still really enjoyed it. A bit different from Matt's usual; this time we've got a fantastical world where all the fantasy you can imagine exists in the same wold, the "Ether". Into this world is projected an agent of science. He goes into the Ether and dismantles all the magical happenings and such by explaining them with science. Typical of Kindt the book also involves a mystery and our main character has to solve a murder case while he's investigating magic through science. The end notes let us know this series will continue to be a mix of mystery cases in this fantasy vs reality universe. The art is really fun and definately adds to the fantastical atmosphere. Not what I'd been expecting but very good and I'd be interested in reading the next volume.

Comments