Winnebago Graveyard by Steve Niles

Winnebago Graveyard by Steve Niles
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love Steve Niles and didn't even check what this was about before I started it. It's a fairly standard horror story. A family arrives in town, gets stranded, finds the inhabitants are some kind of devil worshipping cult and they run to get away before they are sacrificed. Not everyone makes it to safety. Niles is a good writer and I got hooked pretty fast but unfortunately, at about the halfway point one character utters a completely stupid response and it broke the spell. At that point, I totally did not believe her character and the story went like a cliche downhill from there. It's got a cool twist ending just when they think they're safe but overall just not a story that I could believe.

Comments