16. All-Star Batman (Rebirth) Volume 3: The First Ally by Scott Snyder

All-Star Batman (Rebirth) Volume 3: The First Ally by Scott Snyder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't really enjoy this very much as the characters weren't what I'm used to. The book is narrated by Alfred and switches from the past to the present.Alfred is given a secret, covert past which has now caught up with him and Batman. Alfred was nothing like the character I've grown to love. No sense of humour at all and most disturbing of all was how young he appeared. He may have been balding but he had brown hair and seemed only slightly older than Bruce himself. The story just didn't resonate with me. The short story told at the back of each issue (printed altogether at the back here) was much more enjoyable about the Russian mafia and did tie into the larger story. It was readable so I'm giving it some points.

Comments